I hope you all are off to a great start this week.
Thank you so much for your comments on the Lulu giveaway post so far - I appreciate all of the feedback!
If you haven't yet, go comment on the post to get your entries in before Saturday! :)
Today was a long and somewhat stressful work day for me.
A mixture of good stress and bad stress, and you know...
Anyway, by the time I got home all I wanted to do was eat dinner, and FAST.
When I need to get something on the table ASAP, one recipe I often turn to is the Sloppy Joe!
I gotta tell you, I did some Google searching to figure out where the h-e-double-hockey-sticks the name "Sloppy Joe" came from, and some of the answers were a little to TWSS (that's what she said) for this little blog of mine.
I can tell you that the Sloppy Joe originated in Sioux City, Iowa, and they were created by a guy name Joe.
Here's my twist on the classic.
What you'll need:
1 lb lean ground beef (I use ground sirloin - 96/4)
1 tsp grill seasoning
1/3 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes
1/4 to 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 to 1/2 cup ketchup
cooking spray for pan
What you'll do:
1) Prep your pan with some cooking spray and start browning up the ground beef at medium-high heat.
2) Sprinkle the ground beef with the grill seasoning. My favorite is McCormick's Montreal Steak.
3) Add in the sun dried tomatoes to heat up with the ground beef. I have been finding my SDTs in these bags lately, but you can also get them in a jar and spoon them out of the oil.
4) Add in the apple cider vinegar and ketchup, then mix it all up.
Add these to your liking, depending upon how sloppy you like it!
5) Spoon the mixture onto your favorite bun or even a wheat sandwich thin (toast these first to avoid sogginess).
I like to serve these sandwiches along with something green, and sometimes even with sweet potato fries!
The best part about this meal is that it will be in your pan and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
We usually even have some leftovers which make for great sandwiches (it's even good in a salad!) for lunch the next day.
Let me know if you try it! :)
I'm off to end my night with a little RHOBH reunion action.