Today is my "Monday" - I was off yesterday with Teddy for MLK day. I scheduled a follow up with this allergist to see if he has outgrown his egg allergy, which meant lots of poking for him. To ease the pain of that situation, we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo beforehand and had a trip to Wiener Circle. It was a blast, to be honest. Freezing cold, but a blast 😀. Two weeks now until we find out if he can enjoy some egg casserole with the rest of us!
I heard about this list of Questions for the Start of a New Year on The Lazy Genius Podcast. I guess I listen to a lot of Podcasts now?? Let's dive in.
1) What is my favorite memory from last year?
I can't pick just one. While 2021 was not what I think a lot of us hoped it would be, our family did have a lot of good times. I would say my favorite memories all revolve around some little trips we took: Holland, Michigan and Mackinaw Island in the summer, Maine and Gatlinburg in the Fall.
2) What was the most restful thing I did?
Um... took A LOT of naps? Seriously. So many naps. I have a love/hate relationship with naps. I love them because I feel like I wake up a new person, so much more rested and ready to conquer the rest of the day. On the other hand, I hate the "productivity" I feel like I am losing while I nap.
3) What is the most energizing thing I did?
Riding the Peloton! We got a Peloton bike in January 2021. I have enjoyed the heck out of that thing. I always say it's like an exercise video game. My favorite instructors are Robin and Cody.
4) What am I glad I tried?
I'm going to cheat here and say I am glad that I tried...putting Teddy into Tae Kwon Do. It's hard to believe that he only started last Spring because it has become his absolute most favorite thing.
5) What relationship brought me joy?
Making friends with some of the parents at Teddy's school and also at my kids' extra-curricular activities.
6) What experience brought me joy?
Long walks outside periodically to listen to Podcasts were definitely a sweet spot. Other than that, I would say see #1 😀.
7) What was my favorite place?
In the middle of the year, some days I would go and work at a coffee shop here in town called Coco & Blu. Sometimes the change of scenery for a yummy drink and a quiche will do me good.
8) What was my favorite outfit?
Ooooo this is fun. I am now the proud owner of a lineup of cozy sweaters. Give me a cozy sweater and a pair of Wit & Wisdom jeans, with either my UGG boots or my new Marc Fisher boots, and I am a happy girl.
9) What was my favorite book/show/movie?
I really did not do a good job of keeping track of the books I read in 2021. I enjoyed reading Isaac Mizrahi's memoir - IM. That was a good one.
So many good shows!! I loved Mare of Easttown and right now, I'm enjoying And Just Like That. It feels like a warm hug from the past.
Movie? Kids movies... at the movie theater. Encanto.
10) What was my favorite part of the day?
Always the early morning, first sip of coffee feeling.
11) What has changed in me that I am proud of?
Keeping an open mind.
12) What made me laugh?
The Big Boo Cast (my favorite Podcast) & Curb Your Enthusiasm. Also, tons and tons of funny things said by my little girl Joey.
13) What was something that felt hard at the beginning of last year but is easier now?
Accepting the constantly changing news and protocols on COVID-19? 😂
14) What am I glad I finished?
Potty training Joey Lucy!!!!!!!!
15) What is something I'm really glad happened?
Teddy's 5th Birthday Party - Superhero Extravaganza 😀. Christmas spent with lots of family.
16) What did I miss?
Working downtown surrounded by work friends.
17) Who did I miss?
18) What made me feel like myself?
Getting my hair done at my favorite salon (Salon Buzz). That is probably a vain answer, but it's the truth. Nobody does blonde like them.
19) What words would I use to describe last year?
Not what I expected, but lots of good.
20) What words would I use to describe myself in the past year?
21) What mattered most last year?
Keeping home the "safest" and most comfortable place.
22) What didn't matter as much as a I thought it would?
Perfection - sometimes done at 90% is better than striving for 100%.
23) What did I learn about myself in the last year?
That I can be really hard on myself, and I need to work on that.
24) How do I feel about myself after this last year?
The only word that comes to mind is OK 😂. See #23.
25) How do I want to feel about myself next year?
I suppose a good goal would be "better than OK" 😂.
26) What do I want to bring from last year into this year?
Traveling to some new places domestically with my family.
27) What do I think will matter this year?
Keeping the faith and always having a hopeful mindset.
28) What habits/rituals/rhythms do I hope for?
Exercising in the mornings, "eating the frog" after that (getting my most important work task out of the way first thing in the workday), and outsourcing/delegating/automating as much as possible for things that suck a lot of my time out of my days.
29) What do I want to finish/start?
a. Finish? More books - maybe one a month.
b. Start? Blogging again ✅
30) Based on my last year, what advice would I want to give myself moving into this year?
Your happiness should not always be based upon everything going as planned/expected.
Wow!! I cannot believe I answered all 30 questions. If you read all my answers, thanks for being here!
Have a fantastic Tuesday!
Post a Comment